Thank you to everyone who participated in the Union Grove Recreation Survey this past July! There were a total of 229 responses from area residents, with 140 from Union Grove residents specifically. Following are highlights from the survey:
- Basketball was the most popular Rec. Department program, with 38% respondents indicating a member of their household has participated in the past two years.
- Volleyball, Karate and Taekwondo were rated as the most desired youth sports programs that are not currently offered by the Rec. Department.
- Exercise/Fitness Classes and Yoga were rated the most desired older adult activities.
- Strength Training and Self-Defense Class were the most desired healthy living programs.
- When Union Grove residents were asked if they were willing to pay additional property taxes for new amenities, 46% were “Very Likely” to support an indoor community pool, 43% were “Very Likely” to support an outdoor community pool and 32% very “Very Likely” to support a community center. Far less (18%) were “Very Likely” to support additional property taxes for tennis courts.
- When asked for other comments or feedback, the most popular suggestions were for youth gymnastics (mentioned four times), adult running and soccer programs (mentioned five times), community pools (mentioned five times), beer garden (mentioned five times – is that recreation?), ATV/snowmobile designated trails and clubs (mentioned seven times) and more biking and walking trails (mentioned 12 times).
The results from the survey will help guide future planning activities for the Village’s Recreation & Parks Committee. To view the full survey results, click here.