A Spring Primary Election was held on Tuesday, February 16, at the Union Grove Municipal Center. The only race on the ballot for Union Grove residents was a statewide primary for state superintendent of public instruction. A total of 129 ballots were cast in Union Grove, accounting for a 4.2% turnout of registered voters. Absentee ballots accounted for 57 (44.2%) of the ballots cast. Following are the Union Grove results of the primary race for state superintendent of public instruction:
- Deborah Kerr – 41 votes
- Jill Underly – 34 votes
- Steve Krull – 9 votes
- Troy Gunderson – 13 votes
- Shandowlyon Shawn Hendricks-Williams – 12 votes
- Sheila Briggs – 11 votes
- Joe Fenrick – 7 votes
To view the full County-wide results, click here.
Spring Election – April 6, 2021
Polls will be open for the Spring Election on Tuesday, April 6, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Union Grove Municipal Center (925 15th Ave.). The ballot will include races for State Superintendent of Public Instruction, Court of Appeals Judge, Districts I, II and III, Circuit Court Judge, Village Board and School Board.
- Voter Registration – If you need to register as a first-time voter or re-register due to a name or address change, you can register by mail or online up to 20 days before the election (March 17). You can also register at the Village Offices up to the Friday before the election (April 2). Registration is available at the polls on election day. Voters must reside at their address for at least 28 days by Election Day in order to register to vote. A valid proof of residence is required to register, such as a Wisconsin driver’s license or ID, utility bill, bank statement, residential lease or tax bill.
- Absentee Voting – If you wish to receive an absentee ballot by mail, you can submit a request online or fill out an application form and submit it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by mail to the Village Offices, in person or in the 24/7 dropbox outside the entrance of the municipal center. A valid photo ID must be included with your application if you have not provided a photo ID to vote by mail in the past. Absentee ballots will be mailed out starting March 16th. In-person absentee voting will be offered at the municipal center on the following dates and times: Tuesday, March 23 to Friday, April 2 during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) and available until 5 PM on Friday, April 2. Note that in-person voting for this election will be available in the municipal center; drive-up absentee voting will not be available for this election.
- Village Board Races – This year’s Spring Election will include races for Village President and three Village Trustee offices. Incumbent Mike Aimone and Steve Wicklund will be on the ballot for Village President. Eugene Faust and Patrick Brinkman will be on the ballot for Trustee #1. Incumbent Janice Winget will be running unopposed for Trustee #3. Jennifer Ditscheit and Kristine Faust will be on the ballot for Trustee #5.
For election or voting related questions, contact Village Clerk Rebecca Wallendal at (262) 878-1818 or email@example.com.