On November 16, a public hearing will be held at the Village Board meeting regarding the 2021 Village Budget. The budget was prepared over the course of the past three months with input from Village staff and Committees. Drafts were reviewed by the Finance Committee on October 12 and by the full Board on October 19.
Following are highlights from the draft 2021 Budget:
- Property tax rate (Village portion) will decrease slightly to $5.89 per $1,000 of assessed value. Most homeowners will see a small decrease in the Village-portion of their property tax bill.
- 12.1% decrease (-$53,192) for police protection services due to a negotiated three-year agreement with Racine County Sheriff’s Dept.
- 29.0% decrease (-$14,500) for audit services as a result of a request for proposals process for three years of services.
- 7.7% increase ($16,682) to garbage and recycling services to add a second monthly yard waste collection (March-November).
- 9.1% increase ($10,482) to the Union Grove/Yorkville Fire Department for additional staffing needs.
- 4.0% increase ($5,720) in the Village’s contribution to the Graham Public Library.
- 1.5% base wage increase budgeted for staff positions and 3.4% increase in health insurance premiums.
- Planned capital expenditures for 2021:
- Industrial park infrastructure improvements on Industrial Park Dr., York St. and 10th Ave. ($4.2 million with $1.0 million in DOT grant funding).
- Vassallo Ln. road resurfacing ($48,000 with $18,165 in DOT grant funding).
- 67th Dr. drainage study ($16,000 with possible $8,000 in DNR grant funding).
- Reconstruct ditch west of Hwy. 45 and 18th Ave. ($250,000 with possible $125,000 in DNR grant funding).
- 18th Ave. lift station reconstruction ($750,000).
- Main St. and 7th Ave. drainage repairs ($250,000).
- Sanitary Sewer repairs on State St. (14th Ave. to 13th Ave.) ($50,000).
- Replacement of one ton truck with plow and salter ($90,000).
- Village GIS system ($23,700).
- Trench box trailer ($15,000) and lawn mower trailer ($10,000).
- Municipal center parking lot replacement ($20,000) and office carpet replacements ($20,000).
- Comprehensive outdoor recreation plan ($8,500).
To view the full draft of the 2021 Budget, click here.