Targeted Development Sites
This webpage provides some of the sites in Union Grove that may be ripe for new activity, given their proximity in the downtown, commercial or industrial districts. The Village of Union Grove and Racine County Economic Development Corporation (RCEDC) are ready to assist with any technical or financial resources that may be available (grants, loans and incentives) – for more information, contact Village Administrator Mike Hawes at 262-878-1818 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or RCEDC Business Development Manager Laura Million at 262-898-7530 or email@example.com.
1600 Leider Dr. (former Stokley property)
Prime location for industrial development on the corner of York St. and Leider Dr. in Union Grove’s industrial park. Conveniently located 5-minutes west of I-94 via Hwy. 11. Within walking distance from restaurants on Hwy. 11 and less than one mile from downtown Union Grove.
- Address: 1600 Leider Dr.
- Tax ID: 186032130024040
- Lot size: 3.28 acres (divisible)
- Zoning: I-2; Heavy Industrial
- Land use plan category: Industrial
- Price: $45,000/acre
- Owner: Village of Union Grove
- Contact: Jordan Brown, Business Recruitment Specialist, RCEDC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-898-7444.
US 45 / Hwy. 11 Property
Over two acres of commercial property within a stone’s throw of the Racine County Fairgrounds and footsteps from the US 45 and Hwy. 11 intersection with a daily traffic counts of 8,600+ vehicles (DOT, 2014). Site currently contains a former Burger King building, former bank drive-up, and a current car wash.
- Address: 1141 15th Ave., 1201 15th Ave. and 1221 15th Ave.
- Tax ID: 186032131135200, 186032131135100, 186032131135110
- Total size: 2.17 acres
- Zoning: C-2; Highway Commercial
- Land use plan category: Commercial
- Contact: Scott Huedepohl, Community State Bank 262-878-3767; Richard Lynn, 608-697-3123
802 Main St. (former gas station)
Located in the heart of Union Grove on the corner of Main St. and 8th Ave., this property is next door to the Union Grove Post Office and within walking distance of downtown shops, American Legion Memorial Park, Union Grove High School, and a planned bicycle trail. Per the Department of Transportation, traffic counts are estimated at 6,800 vehicles per day.
- Address(es): 802 Main St.
- Tax ID: 186032130050000 and 186032130049000
- Lot Size: 0.56 Acres
- Zoning: General Commercial (C-1)
- Land Use Category: Commercial
- Contact Person: Craig Friemoth, Anderson Commercial Group, 414-425-2700