The Pavilion at School Yard Park
Construction of The Pavilion at School Yard Park has been completed in Summer 2020. Thank you to all of the project sponsors, community members, Village staff and contributing partners who helped make this project possible. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the public grand opening and programming at The Pavilion is currently on hold and will likely start in 2021. Look for updates on this webpage and in upcoming Village newsletters.
- Walkable location from nearby neighborhoods, downtown and future Rails to Trails.
- Designed to hold private ceremonies as well as family friendly events, library programs and school functions.
- Open concept design the complements the existing shelter building.
- On-board sound system designed by Sound Specialty Company to direct sound away from the road and control sound levels within the park.
- Audio assistance with portable in-ear listening devices and smartphone app integration.
- Expanded patio area with picnic tables (including two ADA tables).
- New storage building to replace existing shed in the parking lot.
- Project planning was led by special committees on design, location, fundraising and grand opening event planning – thank you to all who have participated!
Thank you to all of our project sponsors:
- Racine County – Cultural and Community Services Grant ($100,000)
- Union Grove Kiwanis Club ($20,000)
- Union Grove Lions Club ($20,000)
- Custom Truck One Source ($5,000)
- VFW Post 7924 Kansasville ($5,000)
- Community State Bank ($1,000)
- The Granary Townhomes ($500)
- Girl Scouts Troop #10464 (Picnic table donation)
Thank you to all who have continued to be involved with this project!