Union Grove Entertainment Stage Project
The Village of Union Grove is the recipient of a $100,000 grant from Racine County for the construction of an entertainment stage! The general purpose of the stage will be to help create a sense of community by hosting family-friendly events at a walkable location in Union Grove. Resident participation is needed to help decide details of the structure, including location, design, features, rules/operations, fundraising and event planning. Look for updates to this webpage (http://uniongrove.net/entertainment-stage) for more information on this community project!
Kick-off Meeting – February 27, 2019
A community meeting was held on February 27, 2019 at the Union Grove Municipal Center (Community Room) to announce this project and discuss next steps. About 30 residents were in attendance for the meeting. Village President Mike Aimone discussed background information on the project and invited volunteers to sign up for sub-committees to help advise on different aspects of the project.
- Click here to download a copy of the community meeting presentation.
Residents who attended the community meeting on February 27 had an opportunity to sign up for one or more of the project sub-committees. A listing of the sub-committee members is provided below. Village staff will be in contact with the committee members to schedule committee meetings. An initial e-mail was sent to these individuals to confirm their committee assignment. If you did not receive an e-mail or if you have any questions, please contact village administrator Michael Hawes at email@example.com.
- Site Selection – Jason Kurt, Stephanie Kurt, Kayla Mishleau, Laurie Mishleau, Julie Scherer, Danielle Braun, Adam Braun, Miranda DeFranco, Jim McCormick, Patti Rushing, Ryan Morris, Amber Morris, Marco Celeste, Tony Povkovich, Karen Beard, Tom Beard, Jennifer Ditscheit, Chris Huenink, Steve Peterson
- Design/Bidding – Laura Krick, Sharon Tilton, Miranda DeFranco, Karen Beard, Tom Beard, Jeff Saunders
- Rules/Governance – Stephanie Kurt, Jennifer Ditscheit
- Fundraising and Events – Cheryl Sweet, Shelly Petrick
3/22/19 – The Site Selection Subcommittee held three meetings (on March 6, 13 and 21) and, after reviewing all potential park locations for the stage, the committee made a recommendation on a 11-2 vote for the stage to placed in the southeast area of Leider Park. The recommendation will be presented to the Recreation & Parks Committee on April 11 for further review.
Members of other subcommittees have been contacted by Village staff to confirm their committee assignments. Subcommittee members will be notified by Village staff about meeting dates and times. Future project updates will be posted in this section.