The Pavilion at School Yard Park
The Pavilion at School Yard Park was constructed in 2020, and was made possible by a cultural and community services grant from Racine County and contributions from local organizations and businesses. The Pavilion was designed to bring community members together by holding family-friendly events, library programs, private ceremonies and school functions – all in a central, walkable location near neighborhoods and downtown Union Grove. Due to COVID-19, public events were on hold until 2021.
The following events are open to the public and free to attend. Prior registration may be required.
Wehr Nature Center presents the Tales of Tracks and Tails
Wed., June 30, 2021 / 10:00-11:00 a.m.
Learn about the signs and clues left by our wildlife neighbors. Event includes a kit for each child to make a plaster cast of an animal print. Registration is required. Limited to the first 60 children. To register, call the Graham Public Library at (262) 878-2910.
Music at The Pavilion
Thur., July 15, 2021 / 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Join your neighbors for the “grand opening” event at The Pavilion! Kicks off with an opening ceremony at 5:30, followed by live music performed by Jackie Brown Trio. Bring your chair as limited seating will be available. Food and snacks sold by Pina Mexican Eats food truck and Pine Acres Popcorn. Beer, seltzers and refreshments for sale by Kiwanis Club (to raise proceeds for future events). Don’t miss this family-friendly inaugural event!
Get Wild in Wisconsin
Mon., July 19, 2021 / 1:00-2:00 p.m.
Milwaukee Public Museum and Kohl’s on the Move present “Get Wild in Wisconsin.” We will be investigating Wisconsin’s wildlife and learning about the rich variety of plants and animals that populate our great state. Families with children of all ages are welcome to attend this free event. Registration is required, and is limited to the first 30 children. Call the library at (262) 878-2910 to register.
Graham Public Library Summer Concert: The Figureheads
Tue., August 10, 2021 / 10:00 a.m.
Join us at the Pavilion for a family-friendly hip-hop concert! All ages are welcome.
Sat., August 21, 2021
Relay for Life of Union Grove
Relay For Life is a fun-filled event that empowers everyone to help fight cancer by raising money and awareness to support the American Cancer Society’s lifesaving mission. Teams of people take turns walking or running laps. Each team is asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the event. Relay For Life symbolizes the hope that people lost to cancer will never be forgotten, that those who face the disease have support, and that one day cancer will be eliminated. For more information and to register visit: http://www.relayforlife.org/uniongrovewi
Thank you to all of our project sponsors:
- Racine County – Cultural and Community Services Grant ($100,000)
- Union Grove Kiwanis Club ($20,000)
- Union Grove Lions Club ($20,000)
- Custom Truck One Source ($5,000)
- VFW Post 7924 Kansasville ($5,000)
- Community State Bank ($1,000)
- The Granary Townhomes ($500)
- Girl Scouts Troop #10464 (Picnic table donation)
- Walkable location from nearby neighborhoods, downtown and future Rails to Trails.
- Designed to hold private ceremonies as well as family friendly events, library programs and school functions.
- Open concept design the complements the existing shelter building.
- On-board sound system designed by Sound Specialty Company to direct sound away from the road and control sound levels within the park.
- Audio assistance with portable in-ear listening devices and smartphone app integration.
- Expanded patio area with picnic tables (including two ADA tables).
- New storage building to replace existing shed in the parking lot.
- Project planning was led by special committees on design, location, fundraising and grand opening event planning – thank you to all who have participated!