The Village of Union Grove is closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and taking steps to help protect the safety of community members and Village employees, while maintaining services to the community. Updates on Village services will continue to be provided on this webpage, so be sure to check back frequently.
- July 30, 2020 – Gov. Tony Evers today declared a Public Health Emergency and issued an Emergency Order requiring individuals to wear face coverings when indoors and not in a private residence, with some exceptions as clarified and defined in the order. The order is effective at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, August 1, 2020, and will expire on September 28, 2020. View the order here and FAQ here.
- July 20, 2020 – The Central Racine County Health Department issued a notice to area communities advising against indoor and outdoor mass gathering events in light of a recent up-tick in COVID-19 cases. More information is further below.
Health and Safety Information
- For the latest guidance and COVID-19 statistics in our area, visit the Central Racine County Health Department webpage at https://crchd.com/covid-19.
- The Central Racine County Health Department (CRCHD) advises against all indoor and outdoor mass gatherings. This recommendation includes festivals, carnivals, fairs, concerts, parades, etc. For outdoor social gatherings, CRCHD recommends 25% capacity or 10 or fewer people, whichever is less, plus wearing a face covering and maintaining physical distance. For indoor social gatherings, 10 or fewer people is recommended, along with wearing a face covering and maintaining physical distance.
Village of Union Grove Facilities
- The Municipal Center re-opened to the public on Wednesday, May 27 and is open during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.). If an in-person visit is not necessary, community members are encouraged to conduct transactions by mail, by using the dropbox located outside the entrance to Village Hall 24/7 or by telephone (262) 878-1818. Certain payments are also accepted online by clicking here. Visitors to the building will be advised to use hand sanitizer and follow social distancing guidelines in the building. Per the statewide mask mandate, a face covering is required to enter the building beginning August 1, 2020. Masks will be available to visitors near the front entrance.
- Graham Public Library Phased Re-Opening – The library re-opened for regular hours beginning on Monday, June 15. The library’s summer hours are Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m.-1 p.m. For more info, visit the library website here.
- Public Parks – Public park grounds and amenities in Union Grove are open during normal park hours. Please note that we are not cleaning or sanitizing equipment and that CDC guidelines advise against playground use. Playground gatherings should need exceed 50 people as recommended by the health department. Leider Park is closed the month of June for construction.
- Public Works and Wastewater Treatment Plant facilities are closed to visitors at this time (except for deliveries and authorized vendors).
Village Government Meetings
- As of June 1, Village meetings are being held in the first floor community room of the Municipal Center. In order to accommodate other meetings in the community room, the Village Board is temporarily holding its regular meetings on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month (instead of 2nd and 4th Mondays). Plan Commission will continue to meet on the 1st Mondays of the month but meetings will start at 5 p.m. during this arrangement. Any members of the public may join meetings in person or via public teleconference. The call-in information is provided at the top of meeting agendas.
- All public works and utilities staff are continuing to provide services while taking enhanced measures to limit interactions. They will be temporarily stopping all meter change outs and water leak checks on private properties.
- Public safety services continue without interruption through the Racine County Sheriff’s Department and Union Grove-Yorkville Fire Department. For emergencies, dial 9-1-1. The non-emergency number for the Sheriff’s Department is 262-886-2300 and the fire department’s office can be reached at 262-878-4181. Please note the fire department has cancelled public classes and the facilities are closed to non-essential personnel at this time.
- Municipal Court – Court hearings are resuming in July. Court will be held on July 15 and July 29. Email Municipal Court Clerk Roberta Campbell at email@example.com with questions or concerns.
- Rec. Department t-ball, coach pitch and girls fastpitch softball leagues are proceeding this year with enhanced safety precautions and a revised schedule. The deadline to join or withdraw from this year’s programs was June 17.
- The village-wide interim market re-assessment planned for 2020 has been postponed. Assessment adjustments will be concentrated on any new construction for residential and commercial, as well as certain residential properties that need to be corrected. Also, commercial properties will be reviewed and some increases in assessed value related to condition and current market values will be addressed. Property assessment notices were mailed out on June 5 with the proper instructions to call or e-mail to discuss with the Village Assessor. Board of Review will be held on July 14 from 5-7 p.m.
Resources for Businesses
- Racine County Economic Development Corporation (RCEDC) provides information about resources available to businesses on their website at: https://rcedc.org/covid-19-business-resources/. One program that is being offered specifically to Union Grove businesses is the Union Grove Small Business Relief Program which offers 0% interest loans up to $5,000. For more information on that particular program, click here.
- Central Racine County Health Department (CRCHD) has issued recommendations for businesses re-opening after the statewide “Safer-at-Home” order was overturned on May 13. Businesses are urged to follow the guidelines provided by the health department, which can be found here.
- The Greater Union Grove Area Chamber of Commerce is continuing to provide resources and information to area businesses. The Chamber administrator Lynda Studey can be reached at 262-878-4606 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Information and Resources
- Racine County COVID-19 Response Hub – Countywide updates on the coronavirus outbreak response and local resources are provided at: https://coronavirus-response-racinecounty.hub.arcgis.com/.
- School Districts – For news about the Union Grove Elementary School response to the COVID-19 outbreak, visit their Facebook page or website at https://www.uges.k12.wi.us. For news about the Union Grove Union High School, visit their Facebook page or website at https://www.ug.k12.wi.us/.
- Food and Supplies – Union Grove Area Foodbank continues to provide food in emergency situations, on a referral basis, per our established guidelines found at https://www.ugfoodbank.org/referrals. Anyone in need AND all volunteers should contact the coordinator at (262) 853-4144 for further information and instructions.
- Local Clinics – Ascension All Saints in Union Grove Clinic can be reached at (262) 878-4424. Aurora Clinic in Union Grove can be reached at (262) 878-1211.
- If you, or someone you care about, are feeling overwhelmed with emotions like sadness, depression, or anxiety, or feel like you want to harm yourself or others, call the Disaster Distress Hotline at 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a crisis counselor. For more mental health resources, click here.
Please check back to this webpage for updates as this is a very fluid situation and this information is subject to change. Thank you to all of our first responders and municipal staff, including police, fire/EMS, public works, utilities and municipal office employees, for continuing to maintain safety and order in our community during these challenging circumstances. We wish health and safety for all our community members.